Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Last Refrain

(My apologies to Dream Theater for borrowing what I suspect is a copyrighted phrase. And there is nothing wrong with my mood... ask the poem, not the poet.)

I hide from faceless shadows,
I'm shadowed by nameless fears.
I fear nothing, and everything.
Who will take away my pain?

Blameless, yet I regret the past.
Pastless, yet I bear the scars.
Scarless, yet I feel the agony.
Nothing to lose, yet nothing to gain.

Haunted in the waking world
As much as that of the dream.
Who will hear this lost refrain?
Who will hear my last refrain?

My soul is shattered
Like a broken mirror.
I reach out blindly with my hand...
Someone, oh someone, take away my pain!

3 comments:

Prashanth said...

Though I maintain my blog almost like a personal diary, I realized that the line has to be drawn somewhere. Where you do so is your own choice, nobody can help there.

Vc said...

Oh yes i know what Sp is talking about .. I was there when he pulled down 3 of his posts :) as he thought they were hmmm a bit personal..

pain ...is what i read from your poem....

The Mad Girl said...

Very nicely written.It's a common feeling in man don't you think?