Saturday, December 31, 2005

Slip Away

(Inspired in part by the song Iris by Goo Goo Dolls)

A stolen moment...
Under the stars.
One that I relive...
Every day, every hour.

Memories are meant to be remembered
And tears are meant to be shed.
Dreams are meant to be shattered,
But I know I'll see you again.

All I can see are your eyes
And all I can hear are our heartbeats;
All I can feel is your breath on my lips
The moment will never slip away...

Hearts are meant to be broken,
And wishes are meant to be lost to the wind.
Eyes are meant as much to weep as to see.
And yet I know I'll see you again.

All I can smell is the scent of your hair
And all I can touch is your soft skin;
All I can hold is your hand in mine,
And I refuse to let it slip away.

Hearts and dreams may be shattered to bits
And eyes may weep oceans of tears,
But I'll cherish the memory as long as I live
And I know I'll see you again.

6 comments:

Prashanth said...

Before anyone says what a yucky mushy poem this is or how my writing standards have dropped, let me just say that I didn't intend to write it this way; I was listening to Iris and suddenly words started coming in my head so I wrote them down. Period.

Vc said...

are u talking abt your pillow.. the one your mom forgot to pack ???

:)

Artful Badger said...

You should make a chick flick :D..
he he he he

Raghav said...

brilliant closing !
well versed buddy. I don't think its yucky/ mushy.. Its the feeling.

Divster said...

i can't believe u hid this poem from the world.. go out there and recite it to every girl.. im sure atleast one of them will respond :P

I did.. with full-heart.. i wish u wud not patent it and wud sell it graciously to my would-be .. so that he may recite this to me everytime we part...while he goes to office.

Gayathri suryakanthan said...

"Hearts are meant to be broken,
And wishes are meant to be lost to the wind.
Eyes are meant as much to weep as to see.
And yet I know I'll see you again." i liked these lines...pessimistic at the start and yet holds the optimism...good work..keep writing