Monday, March 07, 2005

One of those days

(I really was having a terrible day when I wrote this. And I really did feel better after that! So, well, poetry may be art, but it sure ain't useless...)


It’s one of those days;
Everything is going wrong.
But problems have to be faced,
No matter for how long.

One thing makes you downcast,
And the other makes it worse;
How long will the bad luck last?
When will the troubles disperse?

The rest of the day is a blur,
A collage of faces and voices.
And until the haze clears,
All you want to do is to utter curses.

Perhaps you need a friend to cheer you
Or maybe a long walk in solitude;
And then a refreshing drink,
To improve your attitude.

Even as the day goes from bad to worse,
I haven’t done any of the above.
Instead I decide to write this verse,
And I feel much better now.

No comments: