Sunday, February 20, 2005

Into Your Eyes

(I wrote this poem very recently, on Feb 17th to be precise. I have no idea why I churned out such a romantic poem... the words just flowed of their own volition. I guess most of my good poems are the ones that write themselves. This one is about a guy who is happily married. For two people to be happy together, they need not be alike, and they not be soulmates; they just need to love each other.)


Swaying to the soft tune,
Holding you in my arms,
Looking into your eyes,
Those laughing, enticing eyes,
I don’t want to let go…
I don’t want time to flow…

Lying, awash with tears,
In a moment of pure grief,
I look into your eyes,
Those beautiful, concerned eyes,
And I stifle the next moan,
For I know I’m not alone.

Walking up to the podium,
To receive a coveted prize,
I seek out your eyes,
Those proud, happy eyes,
And I realize I already hold,
The biggest prize ever told.

Taking a soothing evening walk,
With you beside me, holding my arm,
I again look into your eyes,
Those quiet, content eyes,
And oh! What happiness I derive!

In knowing I’m the luckiest man alive.

5 comments:

Niyathi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Niyathi said...

Hey Prashanth..Lovely poem of yours as always:)
Felt tht this last stanza of David G Kelly's poem would be an appropriate add-on:

".. So thank you my Love for being there,
For supporting me, my life
I'll do the same for you, you know,
My Beautiful, Darling Wife."

Prashanth said...

The more I read this poem, the more I like it. But the people who know me will understand that it's a very, very personal poem. I've really spilled out my subconscious feelings and thoughts on this one.

Artful Badger said...

"And I stifle the next moan,
For I know I’m not alone."
Hmm...

Vc said...

Oh Gosh !! this is too personal da.